Tuesday, September 04, 2007

MY HOME :)

I had the house-warming for my new house last friday..It was a very low-key affair with only my mom,dad and grandma pitching in..My bro had better things to do in tuitions than to come with we oldies.Lots of ppl have asked me y i had to buy a house in MAdurai of all..I am not sure if i really wanted a house in madurai even,as am sure my work profile would never allow me to settle there(save some miracle happens to the economic growth in madurai).So,probably a house in chennai wud hav helped me lots n wud hav saved the pinch in my monthly pocket.

But the fact was tat my infy salary in first 2 yrs allowed me only to invest in Madurai (probably i wud hav to settle only for a car parking den in bangalore or chennai for the sal i drew then)

anyways from wot i hav learnt running behind banks for loans (5 to be precise), builders and contractors, is that u decide before buying a house if u r buying it for investment perspective or for ur own use.Never ever combine n confuse .

But there are factors apart from the above said ones...which i term it as "mooey-goooey" type..which are purely sentimental decisions on which u cant use ur head or debate on but only agree to it.. Like it happened to me..I was deliberating hard whether i hav to risk by taking an additional loan or sell some property n buy a house in chennai, when my mom throws a senti-bomb ( i swear they are tuffer to negate than the nuclear ones)..Anyways i loved the style of the house , so started having a liking to it in the long run too though it was purely mom's wish that pushed me to sign the dotted lines..

Alas!! for the moment i waited for long...Builders had to formally handover the keys to houseowners when they pay the whole due..My parents believed that i had collected it before hand. But I didnt collect it from them and asked them to give it to my mom when i bring her in the evening to the house..It is needless to say she was pleasantly surprised to c them come over n give the keys to her :)

My mom knows that iam not mushy kinds but at times we take our parents for granted that we deprive them of the small smiles..I have done that lot many time..I dint wanna miss a chance this time arnd..

PS: Left my cam back in madurai so cudnt get a pic of my home :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

at times we take our parents for granted that we deprive them of the small smiles..I have done that lot many time..I dint wanna miss a chance this time arnd..

well said!! and congrats on the new house sheikheeeeeeeeeeeee!! :)

LOL at senti-bomb ( i swear they are tuffer to negate than the nuclear ones)
trust me these "senti bombs" as u term it are the most difficult ones to avoid/defuse!! ;)

and mooey-gooey a??? :O
dude!! now where did u get that word from?? LOL..:D
do keep writing sheikhee!!

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"psenti-bomb" is wow!

Sheikh, your diary scripts were cool but the Shankar book reading is when it all began to get beautiful and is going on and on... well actually, after quite long there is some hope that it will go on!

-- One friend of yours who does not like when sentences separated by "..." than a {period, space} and who will just finish reading one book when he dies, hopefully!

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

error! damn it!

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU-bSCtdRZY

One of my mother's favorite song!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Dhanaraja Kasinathan said...

good one da :-) I expected that the reason behind this house shud be some sort of a bomb from the house. machchi there are lot of things in this world which u think is permanent but are actually temorary stuff. where as there are a lot of hidden temporary stuff which remains permanent in ur life for ever .

rombha kozhappiteeno :-)

7:44 AM  
Blogger Raji said...

congrats on the new house !! i would like to step on a wet cement slab [;)]

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home